VFD | Variable Frequency Drives
The world never stops, and neither can industry. To ensure continuity WEG’s specialized engineering teams plan and supply complete systems which optimise the automation processes for whole industries, deploying intelligence and technology to provide sustainable solutions free of any kind of heavy metals.
WEG’s solutions mean more production in less time and at a lower cost for the user. Variable Frequency Drives, for example, offer precise speed variation, a wide range of functions, accessories and options. The use of VFDs mean energy savings for the user of about 10 to 50%, depending upon the application.
VFD | Variable Frequency Drives
WEG Electric Corp. offers a complete line of variable frequency drives from .25-8000 horse power, including multipump, shark, servo, & medium voltage drives.
CFW-11 / CFW-11M
WEG is launching a new generation of inverters with state-of-the-art technology for three-phase induction motor control. Aimed at increasing the productivity for its customers.
1.5 up to 75 hp 200-240 V – Single phase (up to 3 hp) or Three phase
2 up to 175 hp 380-480 V – Three phase
The WEG CFW-09 Series of Variable Speed Drives incorporate the world’s most advanced technology in drives for three-phase AC induction motors. The Vectrue Technology™ represents a siginificant advancement, allowing this new generation of WEG inverters to combine V / F, Sensorless Vector and Closed Loop Vector (with encoder) control techniques, all in one product. An innovation was also introduced to simplify applications that require braking torque. A new feature named Optimal Braking™ eliminates the need for the dynamic braking resistor in some applications allowing a simpler, more compact and economic solution.
Fans / Exhausters, Centrifugal Pumps, Metering / Processing Pumps, Mixers, Compressors, Extruders, Pumps, Screeners, Vibratory Feeders, Crushers, Dynamic Separators, Conveyors, Cement Ovens, Roller Tables, Winders / Unwinders, Overhead Cranes / Cranes, Presses / Lathes / Milling Cutters, Drillers / Grinders, Laminators, Cutting Lines, Ingot Molding Lines, Pipe Forming Machines, Wire Drawing Machines, Veneer Lathes, Chippers, Plains, Saws, Air Conditioners Units, Rotating Filters, Paper Machines, Paper Rewinders, Calenders, Waste Dosers, Ball Mills, Enameling Machine, Botllers, Injection Machines, Granulators, Booster Systems, Looms, Spinning Machines, Carding Machines, Warpers, Palletizers, Monorails, Commercial Elevators, Overhead Cranes and Hoists.
Power Range: from 1.5 to 500 HP.
Power Supply Voltage: 220-230 V, 380-480 V, 500-600/690 V.
Vectrue Technology®: This technology was developped by WEG and provides the following advantages:
V / F or Vector Control modes
True Flux Vector Control in either open or close loop vector
True Open Loop Vector Control with high torque and fast dynamic response
Self-tuning for automatic drive set-up to match the drive to motor and load in vector modes.
Optimal Braking®: WEG technology for applications requiring short stopping times and/or stops under high inertial loading.
The great advantage of eliminating the need for a braking resistor.
High perfomance RISC 32 bit microprocessor
Vector and Scalor Control with selection by parameter
Detachable SMART keypad with dual display (LCD and LED)
Variable and Constant Torque ratings
Degree of Protection NEMA 1 / IP 20
Simplified installation and programming
Through surface mounting option
On / Off-line PC programming with SuperDrives software
DCbus connections available
Fieldbus network communication. Profibus DP or DeviceNet (opcional). Modbus RTU (built-in)
COPY Function: Allows copying parameters from one drive to others
Multi-Speed Funcion: Up to eight different speeds can be programmed
Overlapping PID Regulator: For applications where a process variable has to be controlled by the motor speed
The WEG CFW-08 VSD series is intended for speed control of three-phase induction motors. These VSDs incorporate the most advanced technology and full features in a compact product, beyond a set of special functions available. WEG CFW-08 VSDs are easy to install and operate. They are equipped with a optimized software that can be easily set through a Keypad, which enables them to process and control most of industrial machines. In addition, the CFW-08 Plus series is equipped with dead time compensation technique, thus avoiding motor instability and providing increase of torque at low speeds.
Centrifugal Pumps, Process Pumps, Fans / Exhausters, Stirrers / Mixers, Extruding Machines, Conveyors, Roller Tables, Granulators, Pelletizing Machines, Driers, Rotating Ovens, Rotating Filters, Winders, Unwinding Machines, Cutting and Welding Machines.
Power Range: from 0,25 to 20 HP.
Power Supply Voltage: 200-240 V, 380-480 V, 500-600 V.
DSP (Digital Signal Processor) control provides a reasonable improvement of inverter performance
State-of-the-Art Technology with the newest generation of IGBTs
Electronics with SMD components
Scalor (V / F) or sensorless components
Sinusoidal PWM modulation – Space Vector Modulation
Latest generation IBGT modules
Considerable motor noise reduction
Interface with membrane keypad (standard and remote HMI)
Easy installation and operation
High starting torque
Conduit installation kit
Optional internal (class A) and external (class B) EMC filters
WEG offers a complete line of soft starters from 5 to 2500 horsepower, including the GPH combination soft starter and the TPH crusher duty soft starter.
Soft-Starters are static starters that accelerate, decelerate and protect three-phase induction motors.The control of the voltage applied to the motor by means of adjustments to the firing angle of thyristors allows the soft-starter to start and stop an electric motor smoothly.
The SSW-07, with DSP (Digital Signal Processor) control was designed for high performance on motor starts and stops with an excellent cost-benefit ratio. Easy to set up, it simplifies start-up activities and daily operation.
The SSW-07 is compact optimizing space in electric panels. It already incorporates electric motor protection. It adapts to customer needs through its easy-to-install optional accessories.
The SSW-07 adapts to customer needs through its easy-to-install optional accessories. Thus, a keypad, a communication interface or a motor PTC input can be added to the product.
Fans / Exhaust fans, Centrifugal Pumps, Dosing / Process Pumps, Stirrers / Mixers, Compressors, Soap Extruders, Driers / Continuous Ovens, Pelletizers, Conveyors / Monorails, Balls / Hammer Mills, Roller Tables, Polishing Machines, Cutters, Wood Chippers, Saws and Plains, Injectors / Blowers, Granulators, Bottling Lines, Driers / Washing Machines, Bottle Manufacturing Machine, Suppression Systems, Drills / Grinders, Wire Drawing, Dosing Pumps, Process Pumps, Rotating Filters, Rotating Ovens, Wood Chip, Coaters, Paper Refineries, Sifters (Sievers) / Vibrating Tables, Dynamic Separators, Dosers, Air Conditioning Systems, Screw / Piston Compressors, Monorails, Escalators, Laggage Conveyors (Airports)
- Reduction of mechanical stresses over the coupling and transmission devices (gearboxes, pulleys, gears, conveyors) during the start
- Increases motor and machine mechanical equipment lifetime due to the reduction of mechanical stress
- Easy operation, setup and maintenance
- Simple electrical installation
- Operates in environments up to 55°C (without current reduction for all models)
- Integral, electronic motor protection
- Kick-Start function for starting high breakaway torque loads
- Reduces Water Hammer in pump applications
- Limitation of voltage drop during start
- Universal voltage (220 to 575 Vac)
- Switched mode power supply with EMC filter for the control electronics (110 to 240 Vac)
- Built-in by-pass providing size reduction and energy saving
- Voltage monitoring of the electronics allows to back-up I x t values (thermal image).
SSW-06 Series Soft-Starter are static starters intended to accelerate, decelerate and protection of three phase induction motors. The control of the voltage applied to the motor by the means of the thyristors triggering angle variation, allows the soft-start to start and stop smoothly an electric motor. With adequate adjustments of the variables, the torque produced is adjusted to the needs of the load, so the required current is going to be as low as possible for the starting procedure. WEG Soft-Starter SSW-06 series, micro processed and full digital, are products with state-of-the-art technology and have been produced to ensure the best starting and stopping performance of induction motors, presenting themselves as a complete and low cost solution. The human-machine interface allows easy adjustment of the parameters what helps commissioning and operation. The built-in Pump Control function allows an efficient control over pumps, avoiding overshoots.
Fans / Exhaut Fans, Centrifugal Pumps, Dosing / Process Pumps, Agitators / Mixers, Compressors, Soap Extruders, Extruding Machines, Injection & Blow Molding, Calenders, Grinders, Dosing Pumps, Process Pumps, Rotatory Filters, Rotatory Kilns, Coaters, Papers Refiners, Conveyor Belts, Centrifagal Pumps, Roller Tables, Bottling Lines, Sifting Machines / Rotating Tables, Dynamic Graders, Dryers / Furnaces, Pellet Mills, Hoist / Monorails, Dryers / Washing Machines, Drilling & Grinding Machines, Bottle Manufactoring Machines, HVAC, Compressors, Slicing Machine, Polishing Machine, Cutting Machines, Wood Chippers, Saw and Plains, Axial Flow Pumps, Impulsion Systems, Monorails / Hoist, Escalators, Baggage Conveyors (Airports).
- 32 Bits RISC high performance microcontroller
- Electronic motor protection
- Removable Human Machine interface with double display (LED / LCD)
- Fully programmable control methods
- Totally flexible torque control
- Kick-start function for high break-away torque
- Pump control function for intelligent control of pumping systems
- Avoids water hammer in pumps
- Current peaks limits on the power supply
- Voltage drop limits during starting
- Power supply voltage 220-575 V and 575-690 V
- The control board power supply has EMC filter (94 to 253 Vac)
- Built-in bypass up 820A, providing size reduction and saving
- Back-up memory of motor protection I2t thermal image
- Voltage and current unbalance protection
- Over / under voltage and current protection
- Input for motor
- PTC Reduction of mechanical stress
- Reduction of stress over couplings and transmission devices (gearboxes, sheaves, belts)
- Increases the lifetime of the motor and mechanical equipment of the driven machine
- Easy operation, programming and maintenance via HMI
- Simplified electrical installation
- Oriented Start-Up
- Possibility for standard three leads or inside delta size cable connection (except 575-690 V models)
- All protections and function available for both types of connection (unique in the market)
- Serial or fieldbus communication errors protection
- Operational environment up to 55°C (without current reduction) for model range 10 A to 820 A and up to 40ºC (without current reduction) for model range 950 A to 1400 A
The WEG TPH Series of Crusher Duty® soft starters are designed to conquer the most demanding AC motor starting applications. While surpassing the highest starting torque requirements, the protective NEMA 4/12 enclosure makes the TPH Crusher Duty® soft starters ideal for the harsh industrial environments, even in wash down locations. Including as standard an AC3 full HP rated bypass contactor and motor overload relay,emergency direct-on-line starting is available at the flip of a switch while still providing full motor protection. Power lugs make motor connections safe and easy. The WEG TPH starters are built to complement the ruggedness and reliability of WEG motors, providing a complete and cost effective AC motor starting and protection solution.
Jaw Crushers, Roller Crushers, Vertical Shaft Impact Crushers, Gyrathory Crushers, Cage Mills, Cone Crushers, Horizontal Shaft Impact Crushers, Hammermills, Grizzly Feeders, Belt Feeders, Belt Conveyors.
- Rated 500% for 60 seconds for Crusher Duty® applications
- NEMA 4/12 WEG Blue enclosure. Suitable for dusty, wet or outdoor applications
- Narrow design requires less space. Legs eliminate difficult wall mounting
- Protective barriers over 460V and 120V terminals
- Circuit breaker with door mounted operator provides built-in short circuit protection and power disconnect
- Full HP rated bypass contactor (AC3) with thermal overload relay and emergency start switch inside the enclosure (Softstart-Off-Acrss the Line) can be used in the event of SSW failure
- Full SSW protection during both start and bypass provides full protection from over/under current, supply and motor phase fault, phase unbalance, overtemp and over current
- Keypad and full sized operator controls on cover with steel frame
- NEMA-4 window and cover over keypad. All parameter changes are through the cover-mounted keypad. Dust and water stay out of the enclosure. Monitoring of current, voltage, kVa and kW can be done from the outside
- Terminations for remote start-stop furnished – no need to trace control circuit for additional power lines 250VA 120V service receptacle – Power up meters, lights, and small tools without additional power lines Modular multiple subpanel design. Ease of field modification or component replacement